Saturday, August 4, 2007

I promote safe blogging!

And why do I do that? Because I'm wearing a cycling helmet as I type this post? Why am I doing that? Because I'm a dumbass. Why am I a dumbass. Well, just because, but the most recent excuse is that I know I woke up with my Giro Atmos cycling helmet in my possession and when I woke up this morning, I was no longer in possession of said helmet. I have absolutely no fucking clue where the damn thing is at. The problem that I have is that I have a race tomorrow. So, I went to Jack & Adams and bought a Bell Speed R helmet. I'm wearing it to make sure I don't have any problems with it before I race tomorrow. So far, I think it's more comfortable than the Atmos and it fits better. I like the Atmos' adjustment system slightly better though. I kind of needed a new helmet but I didn't want to drop $130 on a helmet today though.

Ok, now my workouts. Thursday was an easy 30 minute run during lunch and a canceled Mopac time trial. Friday morning was a swim with T3. I really think that I just hate swimming that early in the morning. Today, was suppose to be a 3.5 hour ride and then a 45min run. I didn't do that because of my missing helmet conundrum. I mowed my yard instead. My intention was to go the long run and run today and then do the race tomorrow. I'm doing the race just to do the race so I didn't care that much if I had tapered for it or not. Now that I accidentally tapered, I guess I gotta do well now or something. Speaking of, I'm going into the race tomorrow with a different strategy. I'm going to try to go easier on the bike and then see how that affects my run. I usually have cement feet once I get off the bike and I'm going to experiment a bit with that tomorrow.

New Balance mileage: 89.5 miles
Nike mileage: 102 miles
 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here