Sunday, May 8, 2005

Another 50+ mile ride & foot problems

Yesterday, I rode another 50+ mile ride. I was chaffed at the end. It sucked. I need to find some better cycling shorts because my tri shorts with the thin little pad are much more comfortable than my cycling shorts.

For my ride, I was hungover, sleepy, dehydrated, and malnurished. I still rode 52 miles. I was feeling pretty crappy at one point and Matt and I stopped at a gas station. We got some fluid and I got some calories in the form of a rice crispy treat and I felt a lot better afterwards. So, I need to bring more calories on longer rides and not drink the night before. The ride was fine. For the 3 hours that we rode, my heart rate averaged 129bpm. It wasn't a hard workout by any means; I just wanted to get some distance in.

I am having foot problems. I have an inflammed peroneus tendon in my foot and I can't run and I have to walk with a boot. This sucks since I have a race in 3 weeks. I have been trying to keep up with my training since St. Anthony's, but it's been tough. I have been pretty good with the swim and the bike, but on days when I'm suppose to run, I don't. I need to fix that and hopefully I will do that this week.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here