Sunday, September 4, 2005

Recent Update

Well, here is an update over the last few weeks. I'm not training nearly as much as I should. Life is getting in the way. Work is up and down. I just bought a house which is taking up a lot of time. I went to Atlanta this past weekend and travelling always throws off my schedule for a few days.

I rode yesterday and today. Yesterday was the first day that I rode in almost 2 weeks. I just got my bike back from my LBS and had a tuneup done on it. It was shifting like butter. It was great. Today, I dropped from my group to go water the bushes. After I finished, I got on my horse to catch up with my riding group. I was hammering with my head down when I hit something in the road. Nothing happened, but after about a minute, I heard a hiss. Damnit, I flatted. I pulled over and changed the flat. I had my bike upright resting on the end of the fork. Some cars drove by and blew my bike over. After I got the flat changed, I started riding and my derailleur was fucked up. Goddamnit. I've had a freshly tuned up bike for less than 2 days and now my derailleur is out of whack. Fuck.

I also jacked up my shoulder in my sleep the other night. We'll see how that is swimming tomorrow.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here