Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I ran 1 mile and I'm sore

I ran 1 mile yesterday at my PT visit and I'm sore today. I guess that is what taking 6 months off of running will do to you. My quads are feeling it the most but my ankles and shins are a bit sore as well. It felt good to run though. I'm still having heel pain but with my orthodics and some neuromuscular and mechanics work, my PT thinks I can start to run while letting my heel heal at the same time. I was on my feet a lot the last 2 days and my heel wasn't hurting as much because of me thinking about modifying my mechanics. I think I'm on the right path!

I weighed in at 184 on Friday and then 185.5 on Monday. Sucks, but I'm still 14 pounds down on where I was in January. I rode for about 2 hours nice and easy which was fine. This weekend, I want to go a bit harder though. I also put in about 2200m in the pool on Sunday. My shoulder was fine. I didn't loose that much speed, but I did lose a lot of endurance. It felt really good though and I'll get the endurance back soon enough. I'm going to shoot for about 2 swims per week and keep lifting weights for my shoulder.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here