Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Training Sucks!

I know I'm in the minority when I say this but I really don't like the heat of the Austin summer. Training in this summer really sucks! It's really hot, it's uncomfortable, never is a good time to train, blah blah blah. The good thing though is that this training is building mental fortitude. My philosophy at the moment is to just get through the summer and not let the heat melt me. So far, I've actually been increasing my mileage each week. I'm not looking forward to each workout, but I'm doing them anyways because I know it'll be worth it in the long term. So, it sucks but I'm bothering through it until cooler weather gets here.

With that said, it's been a fucking long time since I updated this damn blog. I kept thinking it has been only a week or two but it has been 5 weeks. Ugh, but I'm still training. I'm actually running about 14-15 miles each week the last few weeks and I want to keep that up. My knee is getting better but it still hurts a decent amount. I'm actually being pretty good about doing my PT and that is paying off. Although I haven't updated this in awhile, I have still been keeping track of my run mileage.

June 6th: 8 miles
June 13th: 13 miles
June 20th: 13 miles
June 27th: 15.5 miles
2 Weeks Ago: 14 miles
Last Week: 13.5 miles

Asics Run Mileage: 247 miles (shit, I need new shoes)

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here