Saturday, January 31, 2015

I think I might have some motivation back!

I was feeling motivated today.  I haven't been that motivated in awhile so it is good to have it back.  I actually ran 12.5 miles this week which is a new high for awhile.  I really should be up to 20 miles per week though, but I gotta start somewhere.  The PF is still around and bothering me which is annoying.  It is getting better though.

I'm kicking ass at the gym.  When I started with my personal trainer, we did the same exercises but he always did more weight.  Now, in most exercises, I'm doing more weight than him.  He can totally kick me ass at 1 rep max type of stuff, but anything that requires functional, endurance, or balance, I can usually beat him.  This is good because I'm pushing him to come up with new stuff and he's pushing me to get me to this point.  Here's my secret though: it is all mental.  I just will not give up!  If I see something difficult in the gym, I want to do it.  Most people see something difficult in the gym and they say "Oh, I can't do that."  Fucking bullshit!  If you think you can do it, you can do it!

Weekly run mileage: 12.5 miles
Asics mileage: 261.5 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Eric, I came upon an old post of yours about back spamming you were having a long time ago that sounds identical to mine. A couple inches away from low back/hip into bottom of rib cage. I'm an ex pro pitcher and I'm sure I have a ton of imbalance and sometimes overdo it in the gym. And if I arch man does it go. And it's bad. Me entire back goes into spasm for a couple months. Did you end up figuring yours out? Shoot me an email at m_bajda@yahoo.com if so. I'm sure some of it has to do with my core, but wondering if you have any secrets.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here