Saturday, March 26, 2005

First post!

So, the purpose of this blog is to track the progress of my training. I will now highlight the last few days:

Saturday (today) - I got up today and weighed in at 175.5 pounds. If that is accurate, I have lost 4.5 pounds in about 8 days. I suspect something fishy is up, but I feel fine. I have had huge calorie deficits even after eating 2500+ calories per day. The intensity of my training for my triathlon has gone up recently and that may have triggered the weightloss.

Also, I was really lazy this morning. I got up early to bike with a group ride put on by my LBS, but as soon as I stepped out my front door, it started sprinkling. I went back inside. After 10 minutes, the rain stopped and it has been fine since then. Damnit, I wanted to ride.

Friday: I ran. A lot. And hard. I ran for about 80 minutes. I had to do a speed workout. I was getting my heart rate over 170 consistently. Usually at 170bpm, I start getting tired quickly. Not yesterday. I was running at 175bpm and about 7min/mile pace and I felt great. It was hot, too and I am finally getting used to the heat again.

Wednedsday: I had a good run during lunch. I ran 6.4 miles in about 51 minutes so that is about an average of 7:30 miles. Not bad. That night, I had a breakthrough in the swim. I noticed a few weeks ago that when I breathed, the next catch was a really crappy one. I was propelling myself, but it didn't feel natural. So, I started concentrating on having a nice, clean catch when I breathed. Then, it just hit me on Wednesday. My catches felt a lot better. It felt like I was grabbing much, much more water and I was going a lot faster compared to the effort that I was putting in. It was awesome. I just felt fast.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here