Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm running again

I'm running again. Not far, only 1 miles 3 times a week, but I'm running again. I'm using my new orthotics and my feet feel much, much better. I get very little heel pain anymore, but I still do get it from time to time. We'll see how it goes but I'm actually pretty excited about this.

As for biking, I've been ramping it up a bit lately. I rode 3 times over the Labor Day Weekend so that was good. I got really burned on Wednesday during a lunchtime ride. I also saw a snake, too. Big one. Then, I got 2 rides in this weekend with a 3 hour on Saturday and then 1:45 easy today.

My shoulder is still a mess. I saw another doctor last week to get a 2nd opinion. He also doesn't think I have a SLAP tear, but I have really bad bicep tendonitis. This is better because it doesn't require surgery and 6 months of recovery. I'm imposing a self declared 3 month break from swimming. The last 4 times that I've swam since the Celestone shot, I've had my shoulder aching. It's time to give it a rest for awhile.

New Balance 1062 mileage: 10 miles

1 comment:

Mel said...

yay for a return to running! i know how great it feels to get to start running again after having to take time off... !

oh, btw, pollock is a maine coon too...
and his next haircut will be a mohawk, absolutely.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here