Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm running again!

After bruising my toes in the Austin Triathlon and taking 2 weeks off, I got back to running this week. I ran 2.5 miles on Monday night, 4 miles on Friday morning, and then 6.5 miles this morning on Town Lake. After taking 2 weeks off I thought my hip flexor would be a lot better. It isn't. I ran on Monday and my hip flexor was hurting pretty much the entire time and it was fairly bad, too. It was actually more painful than before taking off the 2 weeks. After the run, my hip flexor hurt on Tuesday and Wednesday but was feeling a bit better on Thursday. Ran again on Friday a hip flexor hurt bad for first mile and then the pain lessened a lot but I still felt it. Today, I had the same thing going on but by the end of the run, the pain had gone away almost entirely and I was running about an 8:30 mile. I see my doc tomorrow to assess the situation but I think I'm back to running. I've lost a bit of fitness though which sucks, but it happens. The good thing is that it seems that the weather is about to change and it is going to get a lot cooler soon.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here