Monday, February 15, 2010

First Run!

First run in 6 weeks was yesterday. I did a 4.1 mile loop around Town Lake and it felt great. Here is the data for that run. I was really, really happy to be able to run again. At the end of it, nothing really hurt. Well, my toe didn't hurt and that was the biggest thing that I was worried about. Even a day later, it still feels OK. I'll get a few pangs every once in awhile, but it is nothing like what it was when I first hurt it. The soleus on each calf was bothering me yesterday day but they are fine now. This morning, my quads and hamstrings are a bit sore but that means I was working hard yesterday. It seems that the aquajogging paid off because my pace was OK at about 7:58/mile yesterday even though my heart rate was a bit higher than I wanted.

Other than that, some good news is that I'm officially below 190 now. I weighed in at 188.5 this morning. This paleo-ish diet seems to be working because even though I'm not strictly paleo, I'm definitely eater cleaner.

Other than that, I had a good week of workouts. Had a hard swim with some tough spin workouts and some outside rides. I even did a few weights and core workouts as well. Now that I'm starting to run again, I can't wait to see how much ass I'll kick in training over the next couple of months.

Weekly run mileage: 4 miles
Asics mileage: 128.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here