Saturday, June 26, 2010

Varsity Triathlon

I really do mean to write these on Sunday or Monday when things are fresh in my mind, but life is busy. So, the run mileage last week was 16.5 miles or so which isn't bad. The problem is that most of those miles were junk miles just to get the miles in and not any quality miles. I bit problematic but I did get the a bunch of LSD miles in.

I did the Varsity Triathlon last Sunday put on by Red Licorice Events. Long story short is that I finished 1st in my age group. Actually, there were two others in my AG that finished ahead of me, but they finished in Top 3 Overall so that bumped me up to 1st in my AG. It was a small race so I take that into consideration, but I still won! Swim was shallow with some dolphin diving and it hurt since it was so short and fast. T1 was quite a jog to the area up a hill and on concrete with bare feet. That hurt a bit. Came out of T1 and tried to get going on my bike. Some freak accident happened and my shoe got caught between the ground and the pedal and when I pushed down, I heard a "pop". I thought it had come out of the pedal but when I got to the side of the road, I noticed that the shoe plate snapped in half at around the ball of the feet. Eh, they're 6 years old so it is time for new ones anyways. Kept going on the bike and thought I was doing great. At the turn around, I saw that I was 4th overall at that point. I turned around and ran into a wall of wind. 25mph going out and 18mph going back in. Brian caught up with me and we chatted a bit. Got on the run and I hurt immediately. It was really humid and I averaged about 8:18min/mile which is slow for a 2(ish) mile run. I came in and finished and after talking with a few others, I found out that I podiumed but then figured out that I got 1st in my AG. Sweet!

Other than that, I think I swam once and got a spin class in. I'll write more tomorrow for this past week.

Weekly run mileage: 16.5 miles
Asics mileage: 92.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here