Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shoes are done & cholesterol

Well, after 287 miles on my Asics Gel Nimbus 12, I've broken in a new pair and will retire these. I think they have some life left in them but I don't want to push it and risk injury again. My knees bothered me more than usual after my long run this week and at the end of my long run last week, my metatarsals started hurting. So, new shoes starting on Tuesday. This week, I ran 16 miles and it went OK. Tuesday was actually a good run because although I felt like crap for the workout, I actually did pretty well. I did my long run on Friday which was OK. Today was basically 4 miles of junk but I did do some sprints in there to get my heart rate up. Next week is my last week of running and weights only and then I'm going back to full triathlon training which I'm kinda looking forward to. It's been a long time since I've been in the pool and it'll be fun to get back to it.

Also, I got some blood work done last week and I'm still healthy. HDL of 62, LDL of 98, triglycerides of 71 and total cholesterol of 174. TC/HDL ratio of 2.8. Not bad at all for a fatlete.

Weekly run mileage: 16 miles
Asics mileage: 287 miles (retired)

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here