Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm making progress with running. . .

. . .but I'm not making progress at keeping this damn blog updated. Ugh.

3 weeks ago was the Turkey Trot which was a good time for me. It was a tougher course that was pretty much uphill the first 2 miles and then 3 very fast miles after that. My last mile was around a 7 minute mile which is fantastic. I think my mileage may be off that week though since I had a naked run that I forgot about since my HRM battery was dead. Let's say that I ran 4 miles on Tuesday for a total of 15 miles that week with a race.

2 weeks ago was the Spicewood Vineyards 10K. Once again, this was a tough course that was pretty much uphill the first half and then downhill the 2nd. Also, it was about half a mile short. I ended up getting 2nd in my age group but it was a small field on a tough course. The good thing about that week was that it was my highest mileage in a long time at 20 miles. And nothing broke!

Last week was just a normal week. It was really cold here and I did afternoon runs instead of morning runs. Actually, I did only 1 afternoon run. Anyways, I'm really, really happy about yesterday's run though. It was 8.5 miles on a relatively hilly course and it was my longest run in probably almost a year. However, it felt fucking fantastic! I never really pushed myself that hard and was just running at an easy pace. Well, that easy pace ended up being around an 8:20/mile average. From running consistently with Gilbert's Gazelles is really paying off. I do have some issues with the program since I'm the only 10K person around so I have to seek out an individual training plan. However, I am seeing results so that's a win. I'll keep it up and see how it goes and I may actually get faster. One last thing, yesterday's run really was a "run with joy" run and I didn't have a single negative from the run. My pace was great, I felt good, and the distance was awesome!

3 weeks ago run mileage: 15 miles
2 weeks ago run mileage: 20 miles
Last week run mileage: 14.5 miles

Asics mileage: 254 miles (time for new shoes)

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here