Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Review

Well, it is the end of another year where I review how I've done training wise for the year. First, let's start with last year's post about how I did. This year, I actually ran about 620 miles which is an average of about 12mpw. This is better than last year but would still like to be up to 15mpw or more. This year, I've done better in the cold weather. During this summer, it was absolute hell since it was the hottest summer on record. I ran when I could but I did it just for attrition and really didn't make any progress. I have been making progress with running lately but I was just sidelined with another injury unfortunately.

I didn't lose any weight this year and probably gained a couple of pounds unfortunately (191). That was mostly due to working out with my personal trainer where I'm just kicking ass when I'm not injured. I seem to have this "Don't fucking give up" mentality where many other guys that seem to be fitter and more in shape than me can't do the things that I do. It's pretty awesome and I can tell that my body is stronger because of it. However, I still have this layer of fat that I would love to get rid off quickly. Maybe this will be the year. My roommate and I seem to encourage each other so hopefully we can help each other focus and find the determination and discipline to get where we want to be.

I'm off for a couple more weeks while my strained ab muscle heals and then I'm in England for a couple of weeks where I hope to do some running but I don't expect to do too much. After that, I'm back to running and I'm going to take advantage of the coolish weather while I can before the summer swelter hits.

I really need to move to a cooler climate.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here