Saturday, August 24, 2013

23 Day Detox

I recently did a 23 day detox of alcohol.  I know, crazy, right?  Well, I don't want to go into the details of why I did it but let's just say that they were good reasons.  After the 23 day detox, I went out and had a couple of glasses of wine for 2 nights in a row.  The point of this is to document how I felt during the detox and after the detox.

During the detox, I felt that my head had cleared up.  I could focus a bit more and I actually got motivation back regarding working out.  I also lost about 4 pounds during the 23 days.  My mood was better, I was sleeping better, and I had better focus.  However, I avoided social situations that involved alcohol.  And in social situations that involved alcohol, I wasn't comfortable in them.  I have a bit of social anxiety and having a drink or two helps getting over that.  All that I can say was that I was uncomfortable in these situations which is consistent with other detoxes I've done in the past.

After those 2 nights of drinks earlier this week, I definitely wasn't as rested the next morning when I woke up.  My motivation towards working out was more or less gone and motivation at work dropped off a bit.  I felt better socially though.  My weight fluctuates a lot more, too.

These weren't huge differences but they are things that I have noticed.  I think it was good to recalibrate this and going forward I'll try to keep it to one or two nights a week and that's it.  I like wine though but it isn't worth it every night.

Oh, my knee is still fucked up and I'm seeing an ortho doc on Thursday for it.  I haven't run in almost a month and it is getting a bit frustrating.  It just isn't getting healthy as quickly as I would like and I'm actually in considerable amount of pain at times.  We will see how that goes next week.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here