Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tri Season & Yoga

I ended my tri season on July 31st or so.  My knee got fucked up about a week and a half before that.  I went out for a run with Texas Iron on a Tuesday night run.  About half a mile in, my right knee started hurting.  By the time I was in a mile and a half, I couldn't run at all.  Walking was fine, but my knee hurt so much that I was limping.  Fuck!  I took it easy and basically anything that I did hurt it.  Even swimming hurt it.  I'm seeing a PT now but I decided to hang up my tri shoes for the season.  I had a race in 4 days and I couldn't do it.  Doing PT would delay running and I couldn't put full effort into the TriRock in September.  My heart hasn't been into this season so I decided to call it quits.  I may be done with triathlons but I hope I not and that I can find something to get my motivation back.

I did get back into yoga last week.  It is one thing that I can do without my knee hurting too much.  I haven't gone in a year and it was amazing to be back.  I was having a shitty time lately and I did it for the mental clarity as much as the workout.  The mental clarity was what I really needed and I'm going back at least once a week to keep it up.

My plan for the month of August is to do whatever I feel like.  Some cardio, some weights, some yoga.  Just whatever I feel like doing that day.  This will also allow my knee to heal.  After that, I'm hitting up my personal trainer again and will get back into running as soon as possible.

And that is what is going on with me right now.

4 Weeks Ago: 13 miles
3 Weeks Ago: 4.5 miles
2 Weeks Ago: 0 miles
Last Week: 0 miles
Asics run mileage: 238 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here