Saturday, August 10, 2013

Frustrated

I raced Couples Triathlon last Sunday and it sucked.  My swim was decent, my bike was OK, but I just had nothing on the run.  I was averaging about 9min/mile.  I don't think I've ever ran that slow in a triathlon except for my Ironman.  I'm frustrated because although I'm training, I seem to be getting slower.  Ok, I take that back.  I really didn't train for a few weeks because I was sick, but still, 9min/mile in a sprint is fucking HORRIBLE for me!  What the hell?  I need to put on my big girl panties and suck it up.  Since this year's season isn't going as well as I expected, and it's my own fault, I'm just going to concentrate on sprints for the rest of the year.  I have Jack's Generic in August and then the TriRock sprint in September and call it a season.  I know what's wrong though.  I've lost the drive, the fire, the desire to really push myself to make myself faster.  I need to get that feeling back somehow.

5 Weeks Ago: 10 miles
4 Weeks Ago: 11 miles (6 were in Portland!)
3 Weeks Ago: 0 miles (sick)
2 Weeks Ago: 9 miles
Last Week: 4 miles
Asics Run Mileage: 220.5

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here