Sunday, December 22, 2013

Getting back into shape SUX!!!

I have been given the green light to run and I have been running on my own.  Man, it sucks getting back into shape.  I'm pushing myself and I just don't have the extra gear yet.  However, I'm going to be changing up my workouts starting next week.  Before, I was just doing steady state or slightly tempo runs.  With my 1st workout next week, I'm going to be doing intervals.  I know that in order to get faster, I'm going to have to push myself and get my heart rate up.  Intervals are a great way to do that.  I actually don't mind doing 8-10x400 on the track.  It's going to hurt but it'll be worth it in the long run.  I just have to start pushing myself more with structure speed work instead of lazy long runs.

My knee is feeling better though.  I got a cortisone injection into the plica of my right knee almost 2 weeks ago.  It seems to be helping!  I still have some pain in my knee but it is much less now.  It's very odd with my knee pain.  I went a did a 5 mile run on Thursday and was sore for a couple of days after.  Yesterday, I did 7 miles and I didn't have any issues at all afterwards.  Weird, but I'll take it.

Gym stuff is still going well.  My trainer and I are pushing each other.  I'm still sore 2 days later after Friday's workout.  I used to be focused on weight, but I can tell that my body comp is changing.  My weight isn't really getting to the goal that I want but my jeans are getting skinner and my shirts are getting tighter.  Either way, I'm continuing towards my goal of looking good naked.

And I still love snowboarding.

Two weeks ago: 5 miles
One week ago: 6 miles
This week: 12 miles

Asics mileage: 78 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here