Monday, December 2, 2013

Green Light!

Saw my two weeks ago and he said that I have the green light to start running without restrictions again.  I'm really happy about this and I can't wait to run and run and run.  It sucks getting back into shape but this is the time of the year to do it and enjoy it.  I'll ramp up moderately until I'm running about 20 miles a week again which will probably be the end of December.  At that point, I may join a running group again but we will see how my knee feels.

The bad thing is that my PT did as much as he could with my knee and all of the soft tissue stuff is fairly OK.  He thinks that I have some cartilage damage which he can't do anything about.  I see an ortho on Tuesday to hopefully get an MRI done to really see what is in there and what is causing this pain still.  Surgery might be an option, but until then, I'll keep running and snowboarding!

Two weeks ago: 9 miles
Last week: 15 miles

Asics mileage: 54.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here