Sunday, June 29, 2014

Most of the time, I really don't like working out. . .

. . . but I do it for the same reason why almost everyone else works out: I want to look good naked.

It is getting hot in Austin, but not nearly as hot as it could be.  Thankfully, we haven't had a 100* day yet, but it is still hot and humid in the mornings.  Long runs are a war of attrition, but bike rides are fine.  Oh, I have also been reminded that when I swim at lunch, I need to put on sunscreen.

Everything regarding training is going fine for the most part.  I'm taking it relatively easy to not burn myself out.  The downside to that is that I'm not pushing myself that much so although I'm fit, I'm not up to my potential.  And frankly, I'm OK with that right now.  I'm not a pro, my self worth isn't determined by my race times, and there's a lot more to life than training 20 hours a week.  Besides the weekends, I'm rarely doing doubles, but I should probably do a few more though.  Work has been crazy as well as other crazy things going on in my personal life.  But overall, things are fine.

3 weeks ago: 9.5 miles
2 weeks ago: 3 miles
1 week ago: 9 miles
This week: 15 miles

Asics run mileage: 53 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here