Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm being lazy and it feels good

I'm being lazy at this moment and it feels very good. This weekend was my last big weekend of training before the Longhorn Tri. I'm skipping all of it. The main reason is that I have some friends in town and I don't want to be like "Hey, watch TV while I go on a 4 hour bike ride." After sacrificing pretty much my entire social life for IMFL last year, I'm of the mindset that skipping some training to hang out with some good friends that I don't see very often is a very good compromise. Plus, I'm pretty sure that skipping the training isn't going to damage my race that much. I've also been very tired lately and sleeping in has been very good. The mental break is welcomed as well because I've lived more of a normal persons weekend instead of having training take up 6 hours of each day. Hopefully, this will be a very good thing when I look back at it in the next few weeks because this break allowed me to become more focused.

Other than that, I on Wednesday was another unscheduled rest day. Life just got in the way. I made that up by making my workouts on Thursday and Friday. Thursday was a 60 minute run in the morning and then a 3400m swim workout in the evening. The run felt great actually and I enjoyed it. Also, it's starting to cool off here a bit so it was about 72 when I started running. I got in about 7 miles or so for that run. That night's swim workout was actually a great workout for me. We did some interval sets and I really enjoyed them. Plus, there were only 3 people at the pool so I got some extra attention from my coach. Oh, my highlight was swimming 50m in 0:38 at a 95% pace for me and also swimming 100m in 1:24 at a 90% pace for me. It just felt good. Then, I got back in the water the next day. That wasn't fun because it was only 15 hours after getting out of the water from the previous night. My chest muscles were fatigued almost immediately. I tried keeping up the other people in my lane, but I fell off tremendously at the end and almost got lapped on a 300yd interval. I ended up getting out of the water after 3100yds and I was pretty happy about that. I need to get used to that though because I want to swim 4-5 days a week and run 4-5 days a week this winter so this will be a more common occurrence.

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Way to be a good host! :) Although my friends would love to get rid of me for four hours... hee

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here