Sunday, September 9, 2007

Stupid Ride

Sometimes I hate having testicles. They get in the way and cause guys to do stupid stuff. I went on a ride today. I was suppose to do a 4 hour easy ride. I talked to Maggie and she invited me for a ride so I joined her. A lot of other people showed up and they ended up being my AG rivals Sean, Noah, and a few other fastish guys. We started riding and I was keeping up with the faster guys. I needed to do a longer easy ride so I dropped back. At some point, I saw the faster guys in front and left the group I was with to go and try to catch them. I caught them, but it hurt like hell. It took me at least 20 minutes to catch them. I almost gave up a few times because it felt like I wasn't closing the gap. At one point, I was about 75yds back but I couldn't catch up. I finally caught up when they slowed down and I just stuck on their wheel. There was a long hill and I got dropped. My legs were fried and it was absolutely stupid for doing it, but it was fun. I stopped and waited for the others and it hurt like hell the rest of the ride. My quads were on fire. We did the 56 miles in about 2:48ish so we were booking it pretty well, but we were working together. I still think the bike course for the Longhorn Tri is a great one and it's pretty fast, too.

Afterwards, I went to go swim, but Deep Eddy was packed. I soaked for 10 minutes and then went home.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here