Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tire Issues

Well, I've had some tire issues recently. I don't know what the hell is up with my bike but I keep flatting. I flatted about once every other ride and decided that it was time to replace my tires. They were shot and in some parts, the rubber was completely worn throw so that the fabric underneath was showing. Not good at all. I replaced the rear tire and went for a ride 2 weeks ago. I flatted on my first ride on that tire. I checked it out and I had a pretty big slice in the tire and also a piece of wire piercing through it. The front tire had developed a leak in it or something because it would hold air for about 12 hours even if I replaced the tube in it. It wasn't as bad as the back tire but it was still bad. And while I was replacing a tube on the rear tire, I pinched a brand new tube so it had to come back off. Then, when I was riding today, I flatted about a mile and a quarter from my house on the rear tire. I seriously have no clue what the hell is going on. I'm going to try to go for a ride tomorrow for maybe an hour and I'm going to take 2 spare tubes and 2 CO2 cartridges as well.

Other than that, I was sick earlier in the week and didn't work out much. I ran yesterday morning and swam 20x33yds in Big Stacey. My PT wanted me to get into the pool. My shoulder felt OK. I strained my biceps tendon a few times but it wasn't that bad. My shoulder is getting better though. I can't wait to be back in a regular workout schedule. I can live without swimming, but I really want to get back to running. I'll get there.

NB 1062 mileage: 33 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your flats. Hopeful that your next ride is a success. Is there anything going on with your rim? I had a rough spot in my rim once that gave me the same headache.
Tracy

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here