Monday, March 2, 2009

Overdue Update

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I have the desire to get back into shape, but I'm completely lacking the motivation and discipline to do it. I'm doing work outs, but I'm kind of autopilot through them. I think the issue is that I'm doing a lot of base stuff without pushing myself hoping that speed will come with that. However, I need to hurt a bit and push my limits before the speed will come. Also, I'm unable to lose weight, but the culprit for that is beer and I'm drinking it about 2-3 times a week now. Bad, Eric!

I am making progress. My foot is feeling a lot better. I did a 5 mile run around Town Lake and it was absolutely beautiful. It wasn't that fast, but I felt great during the entire run. I did have some pain in my lower leg, but it moved around and it never got that bad. I ran 11 miles this week and 10.5 miles last week. This is an amount of mileage which makes me feel a lot better about my progress.

My shoulder is feeling better as well. I haven't had as much progress with it as my foot, but that's OK. I'm still swimming though but only about 800yds at a time.

Asics run mileage: 60 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here