Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Hurt

The last few weeks have been tough for me. Lots of stuff going on and I can't seem to get caught up on anything. Now that school is over (my final was last night), I plan on relaxing a bit which leads to me updating my blog more than once a week. And as usual, I am here to complain and bitch a bit. My calves hurt. A lot. I went to the Texas Iron run workout on Tuesday night. We didn't do anything special except for a 0.68mi loop that has some downhills and uphills. Since I wasn't feeling that mentally tough because of stress and heat, I ran with the girls. We ended up doing the loops in 5:20, 5:20, 5:21, and 5:26. Laurie's lungs were about to leap out of her throat on the last one but I pushed her. I could've gone faster on each of the runs but I need to develop some more mental toughness. I'm actually thinking about switching to the Tuesday run workouts since I need to work on my running so much. Oh, yeah, the pain. The road was uneven so I stepped in some potholes and twisting some things a bit and my calves are letting me know that they aren't happy. It seems that every muscle in my calves, posterior tibialis, peroneals, soleus, gastroc, are all simultaneously mad at my in both calves! I'm going to beat them up with a tennis ball for awhile now and see if they lighten up a bit. But this freaking sucks.

Oh, I rode an hour in the heat and wind yesterday. I'm skipping the swim workout today and I'm doing my first crit tonight. It should be very ugly.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here