Monday, December 14, 2009

20+

My goal this week was to do 20+ miles and I was successful. I got about 9 miles between Tuesday night and Thursday morning with TxFe. Four more on Saturday and then about 7.5 for my long run on Sunday. Tues was some shorter (1/2 mile) intervals really pushing it. Thursday were a couple 1.25 mile repeats. I only did 2 because my right hip flexors were talking to me and my heart was tired from the though run on Tues and then a tough spin on Wed. Saturday was a lazy day for me and I just did a nice, easy 4 miles that night. Sunday was a couple of loops around Town Lake. On the 2nd lap, I did a pyramid of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1min progressively harder with 2min easy in between. I like those workouts because I feel fast on the intervals.

I'm about to change up my diet drastically. I've been bitching about my weight for long enough and whatever I'm doing isn't working. I'm doing a 60/20/20 diet and I'm about to change it up to 40/30/30 by dropping a lot of wheat out of my diet and eating more fruits, veggies, and meats. We'll see how it goes though. Wish me luck.

Weekly run mileage: 20.5 miles
Asics mileage: 69 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here