Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer is here

Well, summer arrived this week in Austin. That means that it'll be at least 90 degrees every day until early October. I skipped my ride on Tuesday because I didn't have any sunscreen but the high temp of 99 for the day wasn't encouraging. I did the J&A core workout on Monday and Wednesday and it wasn't that bad being in the heat. My cardio for the las few weeks has been lagging but I've been really good about working on strength. I've been to 3 of the last 4 core workouts and I'm getting in the gym 2-3 times a week. My core strength has improved dramatically recently and the core workouts aren't that challenging anymore. I still have a few things to work out though. I got about 1000 yards in last night at the pool. I was just testing out my shoulder. My lats were wanting to go fast, but my shoulder wasn't. I'm going to take about 2 weeks off of swimming and really work on the shoulder stuff before I get back in the pool. It's really frustrating because I was making some great progress in the water and now I have to fight to get some of it back.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here