Thursday, May 1, 2008

Monthly Weight Loss Update

Well, 1 month ago today I weighed in at 190. This morning, I weighed in at 185.5. I lost about 4.5 pounds in April which is good, but it could've been better. I went from 190 on April 1st down to 186 on April 10th. Since then, my weight has been fluctuating between 186 and 189 from eating crap, drinking even more crap, and not exercising as much as I should. However, April showers bring May flowers or some shit like that, right? Well, this month I'm going to blossum and get down to 180 by the end of the month. I've gained the discipline to get my weight down and my gym is now open so that I can strengthen my shoulder and my left calf so that I can swim and run more.

Oh, speaking of my leg, I was cast for new orthodics yesterday and I should get them in 2-3 weeks. They are expensive, but I need them. To be a bit more specific, I have a tibial varum of my right leg and a bad forefoot varus of the left foot. With the forefoot varus, what is suppose to happen is your heel and forefoot are both to be on the ground at the same time in a certain alignment. I don't have that alignment. If my heel is on the ground properly, then I'm walking on the outside of my foot with my first metatarsal barely touching the ground if at all. If my forefoot is on the ground properly, I have a severe calcaneal eversion which makes me put a lot of pressure on the medial side of my heel which is what is causing my PF issues. It is good to know this because I can be conscious of it and do things to help out. I'll probably always have to have orthodics though because it is very unlikely that my foot will reform into a better shape. That's about $400/yr I have to spend on orthodics but I need to be able to run without pain.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here