Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Crashed

I did the Tuesday Nighter on Tuesday night. And I crashed. I got dropped pretty quickly but I lasted more than 2 minutes than I did the week before. I got passed by a guy and I was feeling decent so I was going to pass him back. I was going to go around a right hand turn since I like taking RHT aggressively. As I was making the turn, I spied a huge truck coming up the opposite lane. I hit my brakes and I must have hit them too hard because I hit the pavement. I think I hit my back brakes and put too much pressure on my right handlebars. This twisted my front end to the right and I end ed up falling over the the left. That was lucky because I just got my bike back 3 days earlier from a fucked up derailleur. I remember being almost completely on the top of my head and looking up at the sky with my feet in the air. I got up and was mostly OK. My left hamstring hurt like hell and my left ankle was bleeding. And to add insult to injury, I got a flat as well.

I pulled off to the side, changed my tire and went on gingerly. I swam on Wednesday night and was only able to do 100yds. I hurt my groin in the wreck and every stroke I took caused all of my muscles to flex and it hurt like hell. That was after weights at lunch. Thursday was yoga, Friday was off, and Saturday was a 2400m swim.

Today was a pretty big day. I did a 1:50 ride from my house. It was windy but the weather was actually almost pleasant. Also, I felt like crap for the first 30 minutes but after that, I almost felt athletic again. I should be feeling great in about 2 weeks of consistent training. In the afternoon, I did yoga and felt great at yoga as well.

Oh, Friday's weigh in was 188.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here