Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recovery Week

Well, this is another recovery week. As usual, not much is going on. I can't remember what I did on Monday, didn't do anything on Tuesday due to a stressful day at work, Wednesday was a run, Thursday was a bike ride, Friday was a two laps around Quarry Lake, Saturday was a Chuy's and beer day, and then Sunday was a run and yoga. I'm severely lacking in discipline. I would say that it has been for just a few weeks, but it has been a lot longer than that. It seems that I lost all of my discipline and motivation when I got hurt back in December 2007. Since then, I try to do all of my workouts, but I easily find excuses to skip most of them. Well, I don't intend to skip them, but I don't do them first thing in the morning and then the day gets away from me and I either don't have time to do them or it gets too hot to do them. I really don't have any excuses except for myself just being lazy. Part of it is that I'm really not in the racing mentality at the moment. My goal for this year is just to stay injury free and lose weight. Getting faster is the 3rd goal but I'm not really going to get faster with this heat. It's tough because I'm not seeing many results at all. I'm just bitching about my laziness and as usual, there isn't anything anyone else can do except myself.

Enough of that, my medial plantar nerve entrapment is feeling better. Dr. Phil did something on Thursday to make it feel better until my run today. It is getting better, but it is just another injury added to my list. We'll see how it goes, though.

Asics shoe mileage: 263 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here