Sunday, November 8, 2009

255 miles

My Asics Gel Nimbus 10s now have about 255 miles on them after this morning. I think they are in need of replacement because they feel flat in the front when I run and I'm getting some pain in the balls of my feet. Except for this morning because I ran around Town Lake and wore some new, padded socks. It's better to be safe than sorry so I'm going to retire this pair at 255 miles when the last pair got 304.5 miles before they were retired. Money is tight, but I think it is time to switch. The last pair did last about 4 months so that is an average of 64 miles per month or 16 miles per week. Looking at it that way, that's not too bad, but I want to average 20mpw. I now have a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 11s that are ready to go and I'll christen them on Tuesday.



I had 1 day of swimming. Wait, it might've been two. I can't remember. I think it was two. I also had at least 2 bike rides this week. Why the hell can't I remember anything that I've done this week? I do know that I did the core workout on Monday and Wednesday. I have to say that my core strength has gotten incredibly better since I've been laid off. I attribute it to not sitting in a chair 8-9 hours a day without my core being used at all. Also, working at Performance Wellness, I see a lot of patients with problems from lack of core strength and that just motivates me to work on mine. Oh, point being I can tell my core strength is better is because I wasn't sore after Monday's core class and I was a bit sore after Wednesday's core class. Core class used to be so tough that even if I did it every Monday and Wednesday, it would take me at least 3 weeks of consistently going to not be sore anymore. I'm also doing pull ups utilizing the pull up bar that I put up in my garage. In the course of 1 week, I went from struggling to do 1 pull up to doing 2.5 a couple of times a day. My goal is to go out into the garage and knock out a couple of pull ups a couple of times a day and I eventually want to do 10 easily before Christmas and then up to 20 at some point next year.

What else? My weight is OK. Weighed in at 191.5 on Friday, 190.5 on Saturday, and 191.5 this morning. I didn't drink much this weekend (a bottle of wine over the course of 2 nights) so that's good. As long as I don't wake up weighing 194 on Monday morning, it'll be a good week for me. Right now, I've ran 7 miles and I plan on going to yoga and I don't plan on playing beer pong or going to any Chinese buffets today so I should be good to go tomorrow morning.

Finally, I ran an OK 5 miles on Tuesday night with Texas Iron, a crappy 5 miles on Thursday afternoon, and then a pretty decent long run today of 7 miles with reverse pyramid of 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 minute of progressively faster intervals with 2min of rest in between. I've also been working on high knees when I run and pushing off and getting more leg extension. I'm also going to work on hip flexor strength as well since I have huge, muscular legs and it takes a lot of strength to get them to move quickly.

Weekly run mileage: 17 miles
Asics run mileage: 255 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here