Sunday, November 8, 2009

Abuse

I've been meaning to get back in shape. And I don't mean just triathlon shape, I want to be in good shape overall. Let's face it, most triathletes, that are in shape, I'm not talking about the people with 30% body fat in Spandex that eat 6 donuts after a 10 mile bike ride, have skinny little T-rex arms and chicken legs. I don't want that. I actually want a bit of muscle on me. Well, I have some muscle but it's covered in a nice layer of fat. I thought of it right before my yoga class that I'm going to start abusing my body. Well, I already abuse my body but I'm going to start doing it than more in just a certain area. If it is difficult to do, I'm going to do it. If it hurts, I'm going to keep doing it. Things I'm weak at, I'll do.

Because of this, I had a great fucking yoga class tonight. I pushed myself a lot tonight and it felt fantastic. I have been working on handstands in yoga class for awhile. Well, I haven't actually gone to yoga class in awhile but I came back like a champ today! We usually do handstands against the wall and I was working on and keeping my balance just off the wall. Then, we did handstands in the middle of the room with assistance. The instructor just had to keep a finger or two on my legs for balance and I was doing all of the work. I couldn't do it if I didn't have the upper body strength to push up, the core strength to keep my torso flat, and the lower body strength to keep my legs straight and pulled in together. And on top of all of that, I had the neuromuscular control to keep all of this in mind.

So, I have a new mantra for the next few months to take my physical fitness to a new level and I'm going to put myself through so much abuse and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here