Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Week of 2010

Well, I'm at the end of the first week of 2010. OK, it's only a partial week but who really cares? This has actually been a decent week for me. I ran 4 miles on Wednesday, 4 miles on Thursday, and then two runs on Friday. One was about a 4 mile run with HCRC for a New Years Day run and then another NYD run with J&A later in the morning. That run was about 4.5 miles. The first run was slow and lazy and I felt like crap afterward. The second run was much faster and I felt great after that one. I like running fast and I like feeling great after a run. Saturday was a lazy day because I felt like I was getting sick. Sunday (today) was the 6.88 mile run around Town Lake and I felt fantastic this morning! I thought I was going to feel like crap but it was great. I wasn't pushing myself but I felt fast with good form (high knees). Total mileage this week was 23.5 which is fantastic for me. However, I'm feeling a bit of a sensation in my right metatarsals so I have to be careful about that. Oh, I lubed up my taint so now chafing at all.

After many attempts to resurrect it, my Sports Instruments Pro9 heart rate monitor is dead. This is actually the 2nd one. It just is on the fritz and isn't reliable at all. I really liked it and it has served me well for something like 7 years, but it is time to move on. At this point, I'm looking at getting a Garmin Forerunner 305. The GPS is really cool and using it on the bike is great as well. I actually want a Garmin Forerunner 310XT, but I can't justify the money for that one considering my work situation.

As for my diet, it's going pretty well. I feel good on it. I don't get hungry that often anymore and I'll end up eating only 2.5 meals a day instead of 3 meals and 3 snacks a day on a higher carb diet. There is still a bit for me to learn. My discipline is actually pretty good so far. I do cheat, but not that much. I did have a couple of donuts for breakfast this morning since it is my birthday, but I felt like crap afterward. The fact that I recognize this makes me want to stay on this diet more. I will cheat tonight with my birthday dinner where I'll likely have some pizza and beer, but I'm back on the paleo/primal diet tomorrow. I haven't lost that much weight yet because of the cheating. We'll see how it goes next week though. If not anything, I just feel better physically and mentally on this diet.

What else. I plan on getting back in the pool on Tuesday. I also plan on either getting on the bike more or going to the spin class at the gym more. Oh, and weights and yoga and core, too. Eh, sounds like the usual. I'll get 2 workouts in a day and see how it goes.

Weekly run mileage: 23.5 miles
Asics mileage: 124.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here