Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week In Review

Well, another week is in the books. I hate aquajogging. I'm doing the shorter interval stuff during the week but I'm skipping the long, boring aquajogs on the weekends. My toe is feeling better though and it has been 3 weeks since I last ran on it so hopefully I have no more than 1-3 weeks before I can put my running shoes back on. I am doing more weights though and I think I need it. I was doing a lot of spin classes each week but I did a bike ride yesterday and I now believe that spin classes are a piss poor substitute for time in the saddle. You can try to imitate hills in spin classes, but you can't imitate the effects of gravity and the change in position of your pedal stroke in a spin class. So, I'm only going to do 1 spin class a week and try to get more time in the saddle. With that, I'm going to try to do about 2 hours tomorrow with some weights. Also, I swam 1600m today which is the first major swim that I've had in months. It felt good. Not much back pain and no shoulder pain. It'll be good to get back in the water regularly.

Now, the bitching. My body hates me still. Even on this paleo-ish diet, I'm not losing weight or it is fluctuating wildly. Here are some weight values for the week:
Mon: 191
Tues: 190
Wed: 189.5
Thurs: 189
Fri: 191.5
Sat: 192
Sun: 193.5

WTF! I can't figure out what is going on. I've also been going crazy with cravings and I binged on some Dr. Pepper and Girl Scout cookies today. Maybe I'll feel like a fat ass tomorrow and really buckle down. I guess this paleo-ish diet would be better but I'm getting bored with what I'm eating because it is almost always eggs and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, and meat and veggies for dinner. I need more variety. I've been feeling better and I thought I was getting skinnier. My jeans were fitting looser and I was getting cold easier which are signs of losing weight for me. I'll give it another week to see what the fuck is up.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here