Sunday, April 17, 2005

7 More Days

I have 7 days until my race. Actually, I have roughly 6 days, 12 hours, and 50 minutes from this posting before my swim wave starts. I'll just round up to 7.

I swam this morning at Barton Springs in my tri suit and wetsuit. It was my final wetsuit test before St. Anthony's. Man, my swimming has improved a lot recently. I was able to swim a mile in 28:27 today. My previous best was about 31:25. A 28:27 swim time will put in at about 26:30 for a 1500m swim, but we will see if I'm capable of going that fast in the ocean in a pack of people.

I went riding yesterday. My bike skills when cornering improved dramatically yesterday. I kept getting coaching about how to take my turns more aggressively. I was told to keep my inside arm straight and my outside arm bent and that my bike will be at a steep angle. Also, to keep pedaling through the turn. Well, I did all of this and I kept finding the cornering clearance of either my shoes or my pedals. So, I guess I was doing it right. On the ride, I averaged about 21mph for almost an hour. I was really slowed down because I had to slow and stop for traffic lights and stop signs. I also had a couple of hills which Florida doesn't have. I keep hearing that the race course at St. Anthony's is flat and fast, but has some turns. I am hoping to keep an average speed of 22-23mph. I like going fast, but let's see if I have legs to run afterwards.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here