Sunday, April 10, 2005

7:40 & Yoga

My workout today was suppose to be 10M Z1, 45M race pace, and 5M Z1. I stuck to it pretty closely, except that I had an 8M cooldown instead of 5M. Well, I ended up pushing myself really hard. Over the course of 1:02:57, I ran 8.2 miles which is two loops around Town Lake. Over the entire distance, I averaged 7:40min/mile. For the first 4.1 miles, I averaged 7:25min/mile which is faster than my college best pace of 7:31min/mile. In college, my heart rate for that run was 180+ for the last 5 minutes. Now, my heart rate didn't get over 170 except for the hills. I am now running faster than I did in college and my heart rate is lower. I'm not fast compared to fast runners, but this is freaking fast for me. Hopefully I can pull out sub-8:00min/mile times for St. Anthony's.

After running today, I went to yoga. As usual, yoga rocked and I feel much, much more relaxed and loose now. But it had it's price. Doing yoga after running today was especially painful since I hurt from running. My knees were sore, but I feel better now.

Overall, I considered that I had a freaking great workout today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here