Sunday, April 3, 2005

Practice Tri

For my Team In Training practice yesterday, we had a practice triathlon. It was even shorter than a sprint distance, but it was just practice to get us used to transitions and stuff like that. It was freaking awesome. I feel really comfortable in open water now. My mom has a fear of water when she can't touch the bottom and I developed that fear slightly when I found out that Mommy is also afraid of it when I was 5 years old. Now, I have no problems with open water swimming.

My T1 transition went pretty smoothly, I felt. I could get better at getting the wetsuit off, but I am not bad at it. I don't do the cool thing of having my cycling shoes attached to the pedals, but I may try it out next weekend. I also think I hurt my shoulder when I tried to get out of my wetsuit. I'm a dumbass. My T2 completely sucked, though. When I went to dismount from the bike, I took my shoes off instead of taking my feet out of the shoes. Then, I had trouble getting my socks on my wet feet. The bunched up and if I tried to run with them like that, it was going to cause major problems. So, I decided to take a few extra seconds to fix my socks by sitting on the ground. Well, my calf cramped up. Twice. That really blew. I started the run with a cramping calf, but it finally worked itself out. My calf is sore today. Also, I had cramps in other places. Sometimes I get a stitch in my right side when I run really fast. Yesterday, I had cramps in my lower right side, my left side, as well as my calf. I was in bad shape.

Overall, it went well. I felt like I was going to puke afterwards, but I was fine 30 seconds later.

Today, I rode for about 90 minutes with Helen and Spencer. It was a great day outside. I didn't get to ride as fast as I wanted to, but I tried to get sprints in whenever I could. It's difficult being at a level completely above your training group.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here