Sunday, April 3, 2005

How to spend $2000: new bike or Doug Stern

So, I am now saving up for a house among paying down credit card bills and the such. Now, I am interesting in putting my money towards something else that I don't really need, but is a good thing for me as an athlete. A want either a new road bike such as a Felt F2C or a training vacation to Curacao, Netherland Antilles in January 2006 with Doug Stern. I want the road bike so that I can race in road cycling races and go on longer rides, but I just bought a 2004 Cervelo Dual 6 months ago which isn't exactly cheap. I could also get a used high end road bike and be perfectly happy with it.

However, if I go on the training vacation, I have the potential to greatly improve my performance as an athlete. This would be great since I am preparing to complete my first Ironman at the end of 2006. It would also make me insane. Most people's idea of an ideal vacation is sitting on the beach sitting mai tais for a week doing nothing. My idea of an ideal vacation is going to the beach and not sipping mai tais, but instead going on a 2-mile open water swim in the ocean and 60-mile bike rides in the same day.

Am I crazy?

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here