Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Drinking beer in the name of science!

As I said before, I'm participating in a study with an ExPhys guy to test some theories how sweat loss rates affect athletic performance (and they stick a thermometer up my bum). I have to do 2 big trials with the 1st one this Friday and the 2nd one on the 18th. For each trial, I have to try to eat the same, drink the same, sleep the same, and exercise the same for 3 days before each trial. Well, for the 2nd trail, it's right before what seems to be the biggest social weekend of the year for me. To account for this since I plan on drinking a decent amount before the 2nd trial, I'm drinking beer tonight and eating chips and salsa. It's fun.

Today's workouts included a trip to the gym to lift weights. It was actually a very quick workout and I was back to my desk at work in an hour. It works though. I think I hurt my arm though. I have this one band of tissue running down the inside of my bicep that hurts pretty badly when I stretch my arms in certain ways and when I tough it. It may be a nerve or something but it sucks. I also spun for just over an hour today for the trial.

I found out something about my foot. I got orthodics to help out with my foot and keep it healthy. After IMFL, both of them were bothering me somewhat badly. The pain that I was feeling in my metarsals heads was just not going away. Two days ago, I decided to ditch the orthodics and put in regular insoles in my shoes. My feet now feel great! The original insoles are cushy and provide enough support whereas it felt like the orthodics had very little cushioning and wouldn't let my met heads heal. I'll keep the insoles in for a week and see how my feet feel then. Hopefully, I will be running again soon!

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

I love your strategy! We need to think of more ways to incorporate beer into the workouts :)

How many times a week do you get to the gym to lift during training? I'm still feeling that out... not sure if "Iron Yoga" counts as lifting either.

Hope your feet/arm feels better!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here