Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I'm running

Well, I've ran twice is the last 3 days. Both times was a short 2.5 mile loop from my house. I was fine both times and I ran about 10 minute miles. My heart rate was about 130-135 so I've lost some fitness since right before Florida. I'll get it back though. My feet and body overall felt fine. My stride is really short and that sucks, but it'll come back slowly. It feels weird to run that slow, but I know it's what I have to do to come back.

On Tuesday morning, I weighed 194. This is the starting point for my weight loss challenge. I only gained 3 pounds since a week after IMFL so I guess that isn't too bad. Also, I was eating like crap the few days before Tuesday. We'll see how this goes over the next few months.

I went to yoga this afternoon for the first time since spring. It was good. I went to a hatha star class at YogaYoga so it was more like a beginners class. I wanted to start off lightly again since I haven't been in awhile. It was good. My hamstrings are really tight though.

Today, I did some volunteer work. I went to Performance Wellness here in Austin and volunteered. They are a medical clinic that does stuff such as PT, massage, chiropractic care, ART, and other stuff like that. I volunteered to get some experience to make sure that this career change is something that I want to pursue. I think it is. It's completely different than what I'm used to but I picked it up pretty quickly today. I was actually getting hands on experience with patients doing ultrasound on some patients and helping another do some ART work on other patients. One thing though is that I was exhausted after being there for only a few hours. It's a lot more physically demanding than sitting in a chair in a cube all day, but that's awesome. I get to do almost 10 hours of work tomorrow so we'll see how I feel at the end of the day.

Shoe mileage: 97 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here