Monday, April 7, 2008

188!

My weigh in this morning was 188. After my weigh in of 189 on Friday, that means I'm officially no longer above 190. And I've lost 10 pounds since about February 8th. I'm almost back to my race of 187 before I did the Longhorn half last year. I think I have it figured out again and I think sub-180 is pretty doable at this point. It's only 8 more pounds and I've lost 10 so far. Should be cake, right? The biggest thing that I've done is just watch my calorie intake. I've reduced the candy and other sweets that I munch on at work by about 80%. Another trick that I've learned is that if I come home from class and I'm going to be going to bed within an hour for whatever reason, I'll just have a cup of cottage cheese for dinner. Yes, I know, but I don't mind it and a cup of it is enough to fill me up. I could load up on a normal dinner, but I keep hearing that if you eat right before you go to bed, it isn't that good for you if you are trying to lose weight. I'm eating a lot more fruit as well. I'm finally seeing some progress and it feels rewarding. Finally, if your doc says to avoid the sun because the antibiotics you are taking will make you sensitive to the sun, they really mean it!

1 comment:

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

great job about the weight loss!!!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here