Monday, April 28, 2008

Taking a break from Texas Iron and falling off the wagon

I've fallen off the weight loss wagon lately. I was at 186 about two Fridays ago. This morning, I was 188 or so. This past weekend and the weekend before was a bit too much food, a bit too much beer, and not enough exercise. I'm getting back on it though. Well, I'm trying and I'll try to be around 180 by the end of May. I was on track to be 184 by the end of April but that isn't going to happen without some colon cleansing.

I'm taking a break from Texas Iron for awhile. The main reason why I'm doing Texas Iron is tie all the workouts together to get something more out of my workouts. I can do 3 swims, 3 bikes, and 3 runs a week. Doing the correct workouts is what I'm really trying to get out of it, but right now all that I'm doing is 2 swims and 3 bikes a week. If I'm not getting that much out of it, I can't justify the $75/month. I'll be back at some point once I'm running fully again. Hopefully it'll only be a month, but it could be as much as 6 months.

On the other hand, my PF is getting a bit better. Dr. Phil thinks I have some calcaneal eversion and wants to modify my orthodics to fix it a bit. I also have some tough ass exercises such as doing exercises for my posterior tibialis with 50lbs and my peroneals with 60lbs.

Other than that, not much else to add. I'm swimming twice a week because of my shoulder, but my biking is getting decent. I did the Taco Ride on Saturday and I did it under 1:30 which is the fastest time I've ever done that ride. My heart rate was 153bpm or above for 63% of the time. I was booking it.

Yep, that's about it. I just don't have much else to add at the moment.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here