Friday, April 18, 2008

Change in plans for exercising

Lately, I've been doubling up my workouts during the week. Monday will be off, Tuesday will be a swim and a bike, Wednesday will be off, Thursday will be a swim and a bike, and Friday will be off again. The weekend gets whatever I feel like but it is usually a swim and a 2 hour bike ride. Next week, I'm going to bike on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and then swim on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday morning. I keep having days where I work out a lot and need to eat a lot followed by days where I don't do any exercise and therefore my caloric intake is down those days as well. I think it is causing a bit too much of a difference in my energy levels and I'm going to try to even it out a bit and see how I feel.

The reason for this is that my workouts on Thursday were crap because I felt like I had absolutely no energy that day. My sleep has been off a bit between work and school and the biggest change is my diet and I'm dropping weight pretty quickly now. I'm down to 186 as of this morning and that is about 14 pounds off of my high of around 200 over the winter, but I need to slow it down for a while. It's starting to affect my training and that isn't good.

Tuesday was a decent swim in the morning with a Tuesday Nighter later that day. The thing about the Tuesday Nighter was that it was my 3rd one that I've been to, but I've participated in only 1 of them. The last 2 times I've showed up late riding from work. Wednesday was off and Thursday was a lazy swim in the morning and then a Texas Iron bike ride after work. We did some hill repeats and this is where I really didn't have the energy to get up the hills quickly. I ascended pretty fast, but I still felt like crap.

I had my orthodics adjusted this week and my heel is feeling much, much better now. The incidences of pain that I had where I was walking around are about 80-90% gone, but the heel is still sensitive to touch. It is getting better and I really want to run again soon.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here