Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bike Tire Fun & Run

Well, I didn't get to ride yesterday. I was busy working on my house and I got a lot of stuff done so it was worth skipping my workouts. However, I still have some interesting bike stuff to talk about. Remember how last weekend I flatted on the ATC ride? Well, here's a pic or two of why you should always check your tires after you get a flat.





You know what's crazy. I didn't notice this little knobbit until Thursday for the trainer workout. So, after I flatted last weekend, I rode on the tire with the tube sticking out for a good 7 miles or so and I didn't have any mishaps. I'm quite surprised that it lasted without another incident. I want to save the tire, but this picture shows the damage and I will probably have to get another tire.



I had another fantastic run today. Partly cloudy and around 50 degrees. I was wearing my REI Power Stretch and I got really, really hot. I ended up having my gloves off and the zipper on my shirt unzipped all the way. That thing is very warm. I did about 6.1 miles like last Sunday. Total time of 56:05 with an avg HR of 151, max of 166. The first lap was a time of 26:03 with heart rate of 148. Second lap was 26:31 with an avg heart rate of 155. Something was odd. Maybe one of these days I'll get in a run where I eat and drink beforehand instead of just getting up and running. Eh, it was awesome either way.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here