Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sunburnt in February

I love Austin because of the title of this post. I decided to screw work on Thursday and went for a ride during lunch. My work is kind of the outskirts of town and within 10 minutes from the parking lot at work, I was in an area where there are very few cars and plenty of open road. I've done this loop before I like it a lot. It's also part of the Tuesday Nighter route. Well, I did it and it was windy as usual. I tried to go pretty hard and caught a nice tailwind on the way back in to work. I got a total of 30 miles in so it was a great, tough ride. Also, I was quite relaxed at work after that. I was in the sun for almost 2 hours and I didn't put any sunscreen on my arms. I ended up getting a nice little sunburn from the typical sleeveless bike jersey. Now that I got one burn in for the year, I'll be covering up with sunscreen every single ride.

Later that night, I came home and did the 3.1 mile ride around my neighborhood. Did it in 26:45 so I was about 10sec/mile faster than usual. At first, it was tough but it got a little bit easier later on in the run.

Friday morning was a swim at Stacey. I actually swam for about 50 minutes and got in about 2200yds. I did some drills and the fins I have caused a sore spot on my toe that's itching like crazy right now. It's on the last toe bone between the joint and the toenail so it's in a bad spot. It was a good swim though.

Saturday was another ATC ride. It was a smaller group and once again, I got dropped almost immediately. My heart rate is either at 140 or 175 on these rides and it's tough for me to get into different zones. It was also very, very windy which made it more difficult. Did a 30 minute run afterwards and both the ride and the run just hurt today. I felt really slow on the the run. Had 3 breakfast tacos afterwards and successfully denied myself a 4th one which I wanted very badly. The weather was amazing today and it was almost 70 degrees at the start of the ride. Right now, it's around 76 degrees and very sunny. Perfect winter day in Austin.

For the rest of the day, I think I'm going to take it easy. The last 2 weekends have been busy with house work and I just want to sit on the couch with the windows open and do nothing. Maybe I can find someone to go get some beers with me and sit on a patio all day long.

Ok, time to do nothing.

Shoe mileage: 202 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here