Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday Update

Well, let's get my fan club caught back up with my training. Monday was a core workout and I was a little sore afterwards. Tuesday was a fartlek run at the Austin High track. Did a 15 min warmup and then 8x400 fast, 200 easy. I was shooting for 1:45/400 and I hit it. My heart rate was in the 170-175 range each time so I could've gone a bit faster. Since this was my first speed workout since Christmas, I wanted to take it slightly easy today. Did another 15 minute cooldown run back to the car.

I meant to work out today, but I forgot my towel so I couldn't swim this morning. Then, work got in the way of going to the core workout so I did jack shit today. I feel fat and lazy and I'm trying to break my sweet tooch so if anyone has any advice, let me know. Sweets, especially chocolate, seems to by my last bane of weightloss and healthiness.

Ok, back on track. I have 3 hours scheduled out of my work day tomorrow to go ride my bike. It should be sunny and 80 degrees tomorrow and that's too perfect to pass up. Work can suffer for a day.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm really, really tired because I've been working out more and harder lately and my body is requesting more sleep to adjust. I slept 7 hours last night and was completely exhausted today. I'm about to go to bed now and that'll give me 9 hours for the night. My ankle is slightly sore for some reason, maybe from the speed work last night, but my body is Ok. My knees are very, very slightly achy, but they wouldn't bother me if I wasn't being so mindful of my body.

Ok, time for bed.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here