Sunday, February 25, 2007

Heavy on my feet running

I did a 7 mile run aronud Town Lake today. The weather was great at around high 50's and there was a lot of scenery out as well. Very nice and sunny.

The run started out a little rough. I would just describe it as heavy on my feet. Yes, I'm up to about 190 lbs, but I've been in shape at around 185 lbs before and I don't feel as bad as I did today. I just feel really, really heavy and slow. I'm not light on my feet at all and I don't get the feeling that I'm flying when I'm running fast. It may be because I'm running slower since I'm trying to get back into running. Hell, it could be because I'm somewhat heavy right now unlike what I first thought. The run started out bad but then it got better. My training program had me doing a run today and to build throughout the run where I start pretty easy and then end doing a pretty significant clip. The first 4.1 miles was done in 34:05 with an avg HR of 145bpm. The final 2.9 miles was 23:47 with an avg HR of 161bpm. The first lap was a pace of 8:20min/mile which is somewhat faster than what I've been running lately especially with an avg HR of 145. The second lap was at a pace of 8:12min/mile. Now that I'm looking at those numbers, the first lap was pretty good compared to the pace on the second lap. I felt like I was going a lot faster on the 2nd lap. Hmmm, this is interesting. My body was feeling OK. My hamstrings felt tight and my knees were hurting a bit as well. My knees have been bothering my lately. Not bad, but I can feel them hurting a bit, especially in my patelar tendons on both knees. Overall, the run was great even though it started out rough but finished awesomely.

After that, I went and swam 1000yds at Deep Eddy. Wow, it was cold. First time I've been in the Austin area cold water swimming holes since before IMFL. I got warmed up after about 200yds and was actually feeling pretty good towards the end. I think it helped my legs feel better because they haven't been bothering my that badly today. I guess that's a good sign. Then, I came home and had one of my smoothies that I look forward to having on the weekends. Yummy.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here