Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Jealousy of fish and chafpples

I've been reading one or two other tri blogs from people who are fish. And I'm really jealous of them. I really wish I was a fish. I don't know why since it's the shortest leg of a triathlon, but I just wish I could swim like the dickens. Because of that, I'm probably going to join a masters swim program soon. I really think I can make huge strides in my swimming by swimming with people much faster than me. I'm going to try T3 first. Yes, I do currently train with Texas Iron and this is kind of like going to the dark side, but I know a couple of people that participate in both. Also, I've dropped in to a few of Texas Iron's swim practice and I was already one of the fastest people in the pool. I remember one day I actually was the fastest and from what I here, T3 has some of the fastest swimmer triathletes in Austin with them. I'll check it out for a week. Then, I'll try the Longhorn Aquatics maybe.

This morning, I did about 2600yds in Stacy. It was kind of slow, but I'm just now getting back into it. I was able to do it no problem though and I'm not hurting at all. The only thing that is missing is my speed in the water. I was actually lucky to get to Stacy this morning since it seemed like everyone on the road was trying to kill me. I guess that is one thing that I miss when I'm leaving my house at 6:00 in the morning instead of 7ish like I did today.

I went running on Sunday and got a chafpple (chafed nipple). It's 3 days later and that thing still hurts. Ouch.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here