Friday, April 20, 2007

Tough Bike Last Night

I had a tough bike ride last night with Texas Iron. After a 20 minute warmup, we were suppose to do 45 minutes sustained effort in a paceline of 3-5 people with people switching off when they were done. I started off in a group and let's just say that I was in the wrong group. The first lap of 3 miles I wasn't even trying that hard. I kept encouraging the guy in front of me to close the gap behind the lead. It was tough for him. After the first lap, I told everyone that I wanted to pull. I got out in front and quickly dropped everyone. I waited for them and took off and dropped them again so I just went on by myself for the rest of that lap. After the second lap, I saw a group coming up behind me pretty quickly. It was Joe, Allie, & Loadman! Hey, this is a group more my speed. I hopped on the back and stuck with them for the rest of the time. I pulled a couple of times but not for long but I could suck their wheel pretty well, though. Joe was pulling most of the time with Allie pulling some. Loadman wasn't pulling at all for some reason. During this time with them, I don't think my heart rate got under 165 and most of the time when I looked down, it was 170 or above. I kept it like this for about 30 minutes. I finally blew up going up a little hill when my calf cramped at the same time. I was done and did my cool down laps and that was the workout. My avg HR for the entire interval was 159 but the majority of it was much higher when I was riding with Joe, Allie, and Loadman.

I also did a 3.15 mile run in the morning with 3 strides in 26:20 for a pace of about 8:20/mile. I also did the J&A workout on Wednesday. I wasn't sore moving around, but I could tell during the workout that I was sore from Monday.

My weight this morning was 187. Down, but I've been cheating a lot every day this week so I'm not surprised that I only last 1 pound this week.

Shoe mileage: 301.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here