Monday, April 2, 2007

Inked!

Well, I finally got my tattoo to celebrate my Ironman finish. Warning, these pics are of the bloody tattoo so you have been warned. IMO, they aren't that bad, though.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Whatcha think? I'm happy with it but I'm excited to see how it turns out once it's healed. The big "6" is suppose to be a medium gray and look to be in the background to get a 3D effect.

Getting this wasn't about as bad as I thought. It was very, very annoying but not really painful. I was the worst client though. I kept twitching throughout the entire time and almost messed the guy up a few times. He was saying stuff about it. I couldn't really control it that much. Afterwards, he suggested that if/when I get anything else done, to make sure I don't get any fine line stuff done until the twitching thing goes away. After that, I got up and kicked over a thing of ink. Then, I forgot to tip the guy because I didn't exactly know what tattoo etiquette was so I want back and gave him a tip about an hour later. I felt like a jerk, but I'm glad it's done. Will I get another one some day? I can't say yes or no at this moment.

BTW, I went to Michael at Southside Tattoo which is owned by Chris Gunn.

4 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Woah! Of course I click on the pic immediately without reading the warning first so was a bit shocked at first! (my own fault).

Looks awesome, Eric. post up more pics when it's all healed.

mcoker said...

That's awesome. You need to explain the design and stuff though.

Me said...

So, the thing behind the design is this. I wanted a tattoo to remember my Ironman finish. I wanted something a little different because I didn't want the typical M-dot logo. Also, 140.6 is still a little too mainstream so I decided on CXL.6 which is modified Roman numerals. I also realize that there are no decimals in Roman numerals. I showed Michael my original design which was CXL.6 in an Ironwood font that was the three tone from blue to neutral to black from the top down. He said that just text across skin is not that nice to look at and if I was interested in playing with the design a bit. I was and within 5 minutes he basically came up with this design which I liked a lot more. It still retained the CXL in the font and fade that I wanted, but he took the 6 and put it behind the CXL in a medium gray which framed the CXL very nicely and tied the entire thing together.

mcoker said...

Oh that's sweet. I didn't even realize it was roman numerals.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here